The Shipper’s Office is a third generation product, decades of experience in writing agricultural accounting software have gone into the making of The Shipper’s Office what it is today.
The Shipper’s Office is a Windows application that’s easy to use. And Datatech is committed to continually enhancing our software to meet the changing requirements of clients and take advantage of advances in technology.
Datatech recognizes the important role technology can have in organizing your operation and providing the data necessary to make quick management decisions to increase your profitability. Our goal will always be to provide clients with practical solutions that don’t “break the bank”. We are confident that you will find that The Shipper’s Office will help you manage your workload better and produce results to help your business compete effectively.
“…efficiency, cost effective, stress free, time saving. Going to Datatech was like being freed from prison! Love seeing the real-time data, especially for sales.”
The Shipper’s Office is a completely integrated system designed for the unique accounting and inventory requirements for fresh produce packers, shippers and brokers.
Fresh produce shippers can:
- Enter, track, and ship orders for grower product and/or purchased lots with easy to use Windows based software.
- Manage your inventory by product, grower, and lot, both packed and bulk product.
- Generate pallet tags and PTI compliant labels for your pallets and packages.
- Keep track of problem loads and price adjustments made.
- Providing accurate, easy-to-read packouts, grower statements and other reports for your growers.
- Track expenses paid on behalf of growers.
- Pay shippers and freight companies on time and accurately.
“We use Datatech because it makes good business sense to use a product with support from someone who is knowledgeable of our industry and the job we want to do.”
– Dwight McGraw, Perez Packing
Operating System Support
The Shipper’s Office is supported on the following operating systems:
- Windows XP Professional SP 3 (no longer recommended due to end of support)
- Windows 7/8/10 Home (for single computer installations only)
- Vista Business
- Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate
- Windows 8/8.1 Professional
- Windows 10 Professional
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 (Running Datatech Accounting Software remotely via Remote Desktop Connection is supported.)
64-bit operating systems are supported. On 64-bit operating systems, you must install the 32-bit version of Microsoft Office so that Word, Excel and Outlook to interface with the Datatech Accounting Software, which is also 32-bit.
- Windows 7/8/10 Professional
- 2 Gb RAM
- Dual Core Intel i3/i5/i7 Processor
- 100Mb available hard disk space for initial install
- Main display resolution: 1024×768 minimum (higher resolution recommended)
- High speed Internet access (cable/DSL/wireless/etc)
- Removable media for backups (USB flash drive, portable USB hard drive, etc.) and/or off-site remote backup
- Battery backup
Most recent computer models will exceed these recommendations for processor, RAM and hard disk space.
“Home” editions of Windows may be used for single computer installations, but are not supported for network installations because they do not include support for joining a domain.
For multi-user installations, Microsoft SQL Server is best used for the back end database. In many cases, the Express edition of SQL Server may be used. The Standard or Web editions may be used in cases where the customer is likely to exceed the limits of the Express edition.
A Virtual Server is not generally recommended by Datatech. If a client is currently using a virtual server we specifically advise against using VMWare. Remarkable performance decline has been experienced using virtual servers. Additionally, Datatech doesn’t support virtual servers. A virtual server can be used for SQL Server and remote desktop server, but your IT consultant must set up and maintain the virtual server.
Datatech Accounting Software uses the SQL Server 2012 version. (Support for SQL Server 2008R2 is also available if you already have this version installed.)
Many of the system specifications for servers running SQL Server assume a large number of users, typically more than the most of our customers typically have. We have developed the following server configurations based on our customers’ experience:
Up to 5 Users:
- Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
- Intel Core i5/i7
- 180Gb SSD
- 8Gb 1333Mhz Dual Channel RAM
- Battery backup (UPS)
- External backup media/remote backup
5 to 30 Users
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or 2012
- Intel Xeon 3.1 Ghz
- 2 240Gb SSD configured RAID1
- 8Gb 1600Mhz Dual Channel RAM
- Redundant power supply
- Battery backup (UPS)
- External backup media/remote backup
For more than 30 users, contact Datatech to discuss system requirements for your installation.
As a part of our installation service, Datatech will handle the installation, configuration and setup of the SQL Server instance(s) required by our software. This requires that we have remote access to the server via RDP, ‘TakeControl’ or ‘UltraVNC’ and a user account set up with administrator privileges.
Gigabit network cabling is required for best performance. Wireless network connections are not supported; loss of connection will result in data loss.
VPN connections over the Internet are not recommended for running our software. Most (if not all) high speed Internet connections are too slow for effective use of the Datatech Accounting Software. Use Remote Desktop to connect to a server from a remote location to run the Datatech Accounting Software.
All printers supported by the Windows operating system will work with our software. We recommend that you have a laser printer for printing reports, invoices and checks. If you have a laser printer with multiple bins or paper trays, you can load it with plain paper and checks at the same time and the software will automatically use the correct bin.
Support for printing checks on dot matrix printers is limited. Additional time and expense may be required in some situations to get dot matrix printers configured and working with the Datatech Accounting Software. We strongly recommend replacing continuous check forms with full page checks that can be printed on laser printers. Laser printers can print large check batches much faster than dot matrix printers can, are much quieter, and have fewer operational problems (i.e. check jams). Our software also support many more customization options for laser checks than for dot matrix checks, including features that change the layout of the check stub information and automatically print signatures on checks. The time and trouble you will save switching from continuous to page fed checks will more than make up for the cost of throwing away your old checks.
Check Ordering Information
Several different check layouts are preprogrammed into Datatech software. If you currently have page fed checks that do not match one of our preprogrammed formats, a custom format can be easily set up to work with your existing checks.
If you already have computer checks and would like us to verify that they will work with our software, void a check and mail it to us for us to compare with our supported formats. If you need to order new checks, we can provide you with samples of the standard check format used by our program. (The sample check is provided by Advance Forms Management in Fresno. They have worked with many of our customers, providing checks, W-2’s, invoices, and other forms, and are familiar with the standard Datatech check formats.)
Checks may of course be ordered from any forms supplier. Here are some of the part numbers from two national forms companies that are pre-programmed in The Farmer’s Office:
|Supplier||Check Type||Form #|
|Nebs||One part laser multipurpose check (8 1/2″ x 11″)||DLT111|
|Nebs||One part laser multipurpose check (8 1/2″ x 11″, Quicken/Quickbooks standard)||DLT103 or DLT104|
|Nebs||One part laser multipurpose check (8 1/2″ x 11″, Peachtree compatible, middle check)||DLT108|
|Safeguard||One part laser multipurpose check (8 1/2″x11″) top check, two stubs||SF16001|
|Safeguard||One part laser multipurpose check (8 1/2″ x 11″) top and bottom stubs, middle check||SF4001|
When ordering checks for laser or ink jet printers, the forms company should check to see what kind of printer you have. Different models feed paper differently, and depending on how your printer works, you may need to get the checks in reverse order (highest check # on top) or in regular order (lowest check # on top). Make sure you have the make and model of the printer ready when you call the forms company.
We also have a detailed specification for the check formats that are built-in to our software.
W-2’s are printed on preprinted forms, including the standard 2 per page as well as “3-Up” and “4-Up” (four corner) formats.
Customer invoices are generally printed on blank paper. If you need to print customer invoices on a form, contact Datatech for information about customizing the software to use your form.
Pricing and Ordering Information
Please contact Datatech’s Sales Manager, Paul Bondi for information on pricing, ordering, installation and training. Call toll free (888) 222-DATA(3282) or email sales@DatatechAg.com.
Training is essential to getting the most out of your new Datatech software. We have several training options to help you get started and grow:
- Datatech provides outstanding multi-user remote training hosted by our Training Manager Hannah Tarrats via ‘GoToWebinar.’ We’ll start you out with basic payroll setup, payroll entry to accounts receivable/payable and the generation of reports. Our training sessions are recorded and posted here on our website in the Support section for convenience to review later. Remote training is very effective and allows you ask questions along the way. Once you’ve put that knowledge to use, you can then schedule additional training sessions when you’re ready to move on to other parts of the program.
- We can use leading remote communications software to provide one-on-one training services, which allows us to connect your computer to ours so we’re able to work with your accounting files and help with specific training requirements you’re having.
- On-site training at your location or in our Fresno office can be arranged: In our Fresno office: $120/hour (our standard hourly training rate) or On-Site at your location: $150 per hour plus on-site fee that covers the additional travel time & costs. Please contact the Datatech Sales Department for a quote to your location.
- Or you may want to learn program on your own and follow up with one-on-one training. Some of our clients already have extensive experience with computers, bookkeeping procedures and with using other accounting programs. The tutorial manual provides you with a step by step guide to getting started and our latest training sessions are available on-line for viewing at your convenience. This allows you to learn the basics of setup and data entry, then concentrate on more advanced topics during one-on-one training sessions.
Download Evaluation Version
The evaluation version of The Shipper’s Office is a full working copy that you can install on your computer and try out for 30 days. In fact it is the only accounting software designed specifically for the produce industry that is available in an evaluation version.
Please keep in mind that a broadband connection (cable modem/DSL/T1/wireless/etc.) is recommended to download the evaluation version. In that case, download times should be no more than 5-10 minutes.
If you don’t want to take the time to download the evaluation copy, we’ll be more than happy to send you an easy to install copy on a ‘flash-drive’ with a copy of the Installation/Tutorial manual. Just send us an email sales@DatatechAg.com with your name, address and phone number or contact us toll free.
Click here to begin downloading the installation file.
File size: 95Mb