Grower Labor Reports

The Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Work Protection Act requires farm labor contractors to furnish payroll records to growers for all workers that perform work for each grower.  Similar requirements are present in the California labor code section 1695.55.  This is what the Grower Labor Reports are for.  And the best part is that no additional work is required for you to produce these reports for your growers!  In addition, The Labor Contractor’s Office can produce invoices for your growers along with the labor report, automating your billing process.

Print Grower Labor Reports windowDuring payroll check entry, all information is recorded for printing labor reports for your growers. Each line of payroll that you enter has a crop, job and grower entry. The crop file allows you to enter descriptions for each of the separate locations, ranches or crops that employees are doing work in for your growers. Job descriptions are also entered for each type of work done. These descriptions appear on the labor reports, so that the grower knows what work was done and where it was done.

Labor reports are normally printed after the Payroll Journal. In addition to printing the labor reports as part of your normal workflow, you can also print them for any period of time. For instance, a grower may want to get a report of all the work that was done for an entire month. Or, a labor report from a couple of weeks ago is lost, and needs to be reprinted. In both of these cases, The Labor Contractor’s Office allows you to print reports to get exactly what you need.

Grower Invoicing

In addition to printing the labor reports, several billing options are available to automatically generate invoices from your payroll information. Each grower may have it’s own settings, so you can use different methods or rates for each grower or turn off the automatic invoicing if you enter invoices manually. Grower invoices print out right after the labor reports.

If you are billing the grower a flat commission rate, such as 36%, you can enter this rate in the grower file, and when the labor reports print out, an invoice billing that rate will be printed. Or, if you bill for each employer tax and worker’s compensation insurance and charge a lower percentage, the grower file can also be set up to do that. A flat rate billing option is also available, where the grower is billed specific rates for each hour or piece.

If errors were made on the day, grower, crop or job entries on payroll checks, these can be corrected even after the checks have been printed so that the Grower Labor Report will have the correct information.

With the optional Accounts Receivable module, grower invoices can be automatically posted to the invoice file for printing on aging reports and statements and entry of cash receipts.

Grower Charges

Grower charges can be used to bill the grower for items besides labor, commission, taxes and worker’s compensation insurance.  For instance, if you are purchasing cartons and need to bill the grower for them, you can enter grower charges for the number of cartons harvested and the price per carton.  These charges will be added to the grower invoice created by running the Grower Labor Report.

During payroll entry, you can enter equipment used by employees.  This will automatically create charges that will be billed to the grower for equipment rental.