Previously, Datatech’s Human Resource Management Software only handled Vacation plans by calendar year. Customers would use the Vacation Rollover report at the end of their plan year to handle clearing year-to-date balances and apply any carryover rules.
An update is now available for the HR application to allow for Vacation Plans by employment year. The software will now:
- Allow you to track the vacation year from either the Employee’s Original Hire Date, Last Re-Hire Date or Vacation Eligibility Date.
- Automatically rollover the vacation plan year on the employee’s anniversary.
- Automatically change the Plan ID on employees when they qualify for additional leave by Years of Employment.
Option 1: Calendar Year
When there is a Plan Year Ending Date entered on the Vacation plan, the program will operate on a Calendar cycle. You will need to run the Vacation Rollover report after your plan year ends to perform the rollover calculations.
Option 2: Employment Year
Important: To use Employment year, make sure you do not have a Plan Year Ending Date entered. Then enter the following information:
1. Enter the # Years Employed. This is the maximum number of years of service for this plan.
For example, if a plan is for 1-4 years of service, enter 4. For a plan that applies to 5-9 years of service, enter 9.
2. From – Select Either:
Original Hire Date: The program will use the original hire date in the employee’s profile to determine if the employee has completed a year.
Last Rehire Date: The program will use the last rehire date to determine the employee has completed a year.
Vacation Eligibility Start Date: The program will use the date entered by the user under the employee’s profile. This may be used if you have a probationary period or other parameter to determine when an employee is eligible for Vacation accrual.
The Vacation Eligibility Start Date can be entered in your HR program under Employees > Notes > Vacation > Vacation Eligibility Start Date:
3. Next Plan ID – Select the plan you would like the employees to be moved to once they have completed the # of Years Employed in the existing plan.
If you have any questions regarding this new feature, please email our support department: Support@DatatechAg.com
Do You Need Datatech's Human Resource Management Program?
Email Jason at Jason@DatatechAg.com if you would like a demonstration of the HR program.
Two packages are available, one full HR package with ACA (1095) reporting and one without ACA.