Due to the lengthy process involved in electronically filing your 1094-C and 1095-C on the IRS website, we are quickly approaching the point in time where it will be impossible to submit your files by the June 30th deadline.
Please note the following time estimations:
- Employee One registers on the irs.gov e-Services website: 1 day
- Employee Two registers on the irs.gov e-Services website: same day
- Both Employees receive their registration completion instruction letter from the IRS in the U.S.P.S. mail: up to approximately 5 days
- Employee One completes the ACA Application for TCC: 1 day
- Employee Two approves the ACA Application for TCC: same day
- TCC is provided immediately on the confirmation screen and sent in paper form via the U.S.P.S. mail, but Test files must wait to be submitted: 2 days
- Test Files are created and Uploaded to the AIR UI Channel Login – AATS (Testing) website: 1 day
- If errors are found allow time for corrections and resubmitting Test files: 1 to 2 days
- Once Test files show Accepted, call the IRS Help Desk to change your account status to “P” or Production: 1 day
- Once your account is in Production status, you must wait before submitting your actual electronic files: 2 days
- Generate and upload your actual electronic files to the AIR UI Channel Login -Production website: 1 day
- If errors are found, it will take time for the IRS to notify you that your actual electronic files have not been Accepted: up to 7 days.
As you can see, if your two employees have not yet started the Registration process on the e-Services website, you may have already passed the point of no return, and you may not be able to submit your electronic files in time to meet the deadline. If this is the case with your company, REGISTER TODAY. OTHERWISE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FINISH THE PROCESS BY THE JUNE 30, 2016 DEADLINE.