The 2-Step Verification process helps keep your account secure by requiring both your password and a code sent to your phone to gain access to your account. This is one of the best ways to prevent unwanted access to your accounts.
Important: Before you start, you will need to have your Google Account password ready. Even if your computer automatically logs you into your account, they will still require your password to set up 2-Step Verification.
Note: If this link does not work for you, select your Google Account Profile icon > Manage Google Account. Then select Security.
2. In the Signing in to Google section, find the 2-Step Verification option. The status will show to the right, click Off.
(If it says On, then you have already set up your 2-Step Verification and you can now set up your App Password. Click here for those instructions.)
3. The following window will open. Click Get Started and enter your password to continue.
4. Enter your phone number and choose whether to receive codes via text messages or phone call. Then click Next.
5. Wait for the text message or phone call with the Code. Enter the code to confirm it is working and click Next.
6. Select Turn On to activate 2-Step Verification across your Google Account.