Are You Making More Payments Online?
We have added a new feature to make saving electronic payments for A/P invoices easier. Go to Tools > Check for Updates to download the latest version of the software that includes this option.
Previously, you could save electronic payments for A/P Invoices through the Misc Payables button in the Checkbook. However, payments could only be entered one vendor at a time.
The new system works through the Batch Payables Check Printing window, allowing you to select and save multiple payments in one step.
Select and save multiple payments in one step!
Before Using This New Feature
Before using this new feature, you’ll need to make sure your Vendors are set to an electronic payment method.
1. Go to Payables > Vendors
2. Select a Vendor you pay electronically
3. Set the Payment Method (in the lower right corner) to ACH or Wire Transfer
4. Repeat this process for all vendors you pay electronically
Ready to Record Your Payments?
When you are ready to record your payments
1. Go to Payables > Payable Reports/Checks > Batch Check Printing
2. Right click and select Show Payment Method
3. Select either ACH or Wire Transfer, depending on the settings you select in the Vendor setup. Once you have selected ACH or Wire Transfer, the Print Checks button will change to Create Payments
4. Select all of the invoices you have paid electronically and would like to record
5. Click Create Payments and record the payment date to save the payments
At this time, payments automatically save, but no stubs/vouchers will print. If needed, you may print vouchers by opening the saved transactions in the Checkbook.
An option for printing vouchers for electronic payments may be added to the Voucher printing option at a future date
If you have any questions, please contact Datatech Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.