Are you having to keep track of information outside of your accounting software?
There are three main methods for grower accounting: date, lot, and pool based statements. All methods share several common features, including:
- Automatically calculating deductions, including freight, pallet, commission, brokerage fees, and more.
- Brokerage deductions can be subtracted from the gross sale price on grower reports. Or they can be deducted as a lump sum with other deductions.
- Options are available for commissions to be calculated as a % of sales or a per package rate.
- Other automatic deductions (i.e. selling/packing fees, assessments, etc.) can be set up based on the grower account and product codes.
- Manual grower charges can also be entered separately. The program automatically charges the grower’s account and credits the appropriate G.L. account.
- Grower Charge Reports print all grower deductions by date and grower. Also, they show deductions that have appeared on a final grower statement, ones that have not, and total season-to-date deductions.